UF VPN Connection Setup: Guide 2020
UF VPN (Virtual Private Network) Service of the University of Florida is designed and configured to permit University Faculty, students, staff and workers to securely access the campus commodity networks by connecting to the internet using a VPN. In this way, UF VPN client software helps the staff, faculty, and students to connect to campus networks by sitting at their homes and access services.
The University of Florida UF VPN is ideal for students and staff who uses UF Library resources for reading articles and searching databases of the University of Florida library off-campus.
How to connect and login to UF VPN on Windows/MAC/Ubunto?
- In order to configure UF VPN on Windows, you go to the hospital website at http://ufhealthjax.org/
- Click on the For Employees link at the footer of the website layout.
- After clicking “For Employees”, select “VPN Login” Under Remote Access:
- After clicking the “VPN Login”, you will be able to see a Login Form. Log in using the UF VPN username and password you use on campus for e-mail and your computer:
- You have successfully logged-in to your Campus networks using the University of Florida UF VPN Services.
How to connect and login to UF VPN to Access UF Library Resources?
- To access UF Library resources remotely using a VPN, make sure you have a Gatorlink account.
- If you already have a Gatorlink account, open UF Library services website at https://vpn.ufl.edu/+CSCOE+/logon.html
- Log in to VPN service using your Gatorlink account credentials.
- After logging in successfully you will be redirected to UF Libraries home page where you can access all UF libraries resources (including online journals and databases) as if you were on campus.
How to login and use UF VPN?
In order to login and use University of Florida VPN you need to use myUFL (Gatorlink) credentials including your username and password to authenticate you. After that, a VPN then creates a secure tunnel between the University of Florida networks and your remote computer that allows to route all traffic to and from the University of Florida through that tunnel.
Go to the Start Menu.
Under “All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client”, select “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client”.
Select the Gatorlink VPN and then click the “Connect” button.
Enter your Gatorlink credentials including username and password, then click “OK”
How to disconnect to Gatorlink AnyConnect VPN on Windows:
To disconnect Gatorlink Anyconnect VPN on Windows, open “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” from the Start Menu, and click “Disconnect”.
On your MAC, Go to the “Applications”.
After going to Applications, click on “Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client”, Under “Cisco”.
After clicking on Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, Click on “Select”.
After that, Enter your GatorLink credentials including your username and password.
Note: The password is in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org.
After entering your credentials, click on “Connect”.
Note: The connection will run in the background until disconnected.
How to disconnect to Gatorlink AnyConnect VPN on MAC:
To disconnect Gatorlink Anyconnect VPN on MAC, click on the “Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client” icon from the taskbar and click “Disconnect”.
How to download UF VPN?
You can download the application to configure the UF VPN by installing the VPN app on your mobile device.
Problems while connecting to UF VPN?
If you are unable to connect to the University of Florida VPN. Call 352-392-HELP for technical assistance.
Benefits of a VPN in university.
- You can bypass geographical location to stream your favorite local content from your university wifi.
- Some airline websites price discriminate by changes prices according to your geographical location. You can use a VPN to avoid that variance in prices.
- Some universities have blocked access to social media including Facebook, Instagram and snapchat, you can use a VPN to bypass that restriction.
- Making a transaction while connected to any Public WiFi is extremely risky but a VPN allows you to securely connected to a VPN.
- Hide all the browsing activities on any wireless or local network.
OTHER UNIVERSITIES VPN INFORMATION: